homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ideology triumphs over security

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ideology triumphs over security
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:47:45 -0700

I no longer have the publications it was in, but there was a big wave of
"cleaning house" as the Bushy cabinet called it. It didn't happen two weeks
after he took office, it *started* two weeks after he took office. Being
fired by the FBI or CIA comes with implied warnings. People usually don't
fight those firings because it doesn't do then a heck of a lot of good and,
in fact, causes them problems as the revenge factors follows them. Those
jobs are all "at will" and the firings were supposedly (emphasis on
supposedly) with cause. There was a list of infractions that were listed
and were excuses (using e-mail for private purposes, making calls on company
time, etc.) for the firing as they had been ignored for years and only
selected folks who had abused them were fired. There was communtary that a
disperportionate number were gay.

Lynda