homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ideology triumphs over security

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ideology triumphs over security
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:40:04 -0700

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/28/2004 1:37:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tvoivozd AT infionline.net writes:
I was horrified to see that within two weeks after Bush took office, the CIA fired all of their expensively-trained Arabic translators because they were gay---who the hell needs to find out what our enemies have in mind for us anyway. I never liked flying blind, but it is a way of life in the Oval Office.
There are two nearly unbelievable aspects to this, One being that every single arabic translator was gay, and two, that somehow George Bush in his first two weeks of office

tvoivozhd---no, no and no. That is a wild misinterpretation of what I actually said and what actually happened---I watch anything to do with national securithy like a hawk, and my horror is an understatement.

No they did not fire every Arabic translator. Yes, they fired every gay Arabic translator. No, it is not illegal to fire gay translators in the military or CIA. Yes, it happened in the first two weeks Bush was in office---coincidence? of course not---Clinton instituted the "don't ask, don't tell", and routinely violated even that. Bush, all his staff and political appointees are beholden to the religious right crowd---wouldn't cross them for anything. I read the religious right publications on a daily basis too, even the Armageddon and heterosexual marriage dissolution news that World Net Daily predicts as a result of gay marriage.

focused his energy into rooting out gay arabic translators and is the reason for this. In addition, it would be illegal to fire these employees due to sexual orientation and highly unlikely that such a thing would be done. Where did you read this ??

tvoivozhd---damn, don't you read anything but your local newspaper? I posted this within two weeks of Bush taking office, expressing my outrage because experienced the military implications of being unable to communicate with people with whom my Air Commandos came in contact. As a result we had a hell of a time learning where the Japanese were located or intruding. Unlikely, my ass. How did you come to such a bizarre conclusion? The news was not in every newspaper, because every newspaper editor does not personally realize the implications of the CIA firing Arabic translators---usually take their news from the AP nursing bottle alone.

You make sense on a lot of things, but I'm going to bite hell out of you on this lapse of logic.