homestead - RE: [Homestead] Is Ivan knocking on your doors?

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Is Ivan knocking on your doors?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:56:47 -0500

We're also in upstate SC, about 60 miles south of Greenville, and 2 hours
from Asheville, where I have family.

All day yesterday was dramatic sky colors, high breezes, and sporadic rain.
At times, the rain was heavy, but mostly just mist. By late afternoon, the
rain had cleared out, the flood watch was cancelled, and the skies began to
clear. This morning, only a few clouds. Ivan turned out to be really mild
for us.

Thursday, there were tornado watches and warnings all around us.
Yesterday's papers showed scenes of destroyed homes, but mostly in Florida.

North of us, there are places where shelters were opened because of the
flooding. Three of the counties with shelters, Buncombe, McDowell, and
Transylvania, hold relatives of mine. I'm going to start contacting them in
a little bit.
Lynn