homestead - [Homestead] Re: How Wars Start and How Wars End

  • From: "Eric Hall" <erichall AT lycos.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: How Wars Start and How Wars End
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 23:51:29 +0100

Tvo writes
>The sweetly moralistic (make that never-shot-at) Eric Hall

Er .... just to put you right - in 1979 I was shot at by an Irish (armed by
the USA) terrorist.
In 1990 I was shot at by a member of the Mujahadeen (armed by the USA)
In 1996 I was blown up in a bombing by the Grioup Islamic Jihad.

Not of course that I particularly want to brag about these events, but I
thought you ought to know.

Maybe it might be just an idea to stick to talking about what you know.

Embroidery, perhaps?

But as for events in the world, I notice you talk about bombing. How many
innocent civilians did you kill in this bombing, instead of being big and
bold and going in to deal with the bad guys? Ahh yes - that takes courage.
That rules out the USA.

And as for Russia - typical American policy of not having a policy - reaction
rather than action.

In 1919 they were your greatest enemy.
In 1941 - 45 they were your best friends so you supply them with arms
1949 - 1991 they're your worst enemy so you have to arm the rest of the world
to defend themselves from the monster you have created. Of course, that's
good business. Create detente by arming both sides so you get twice as much
money.

Same story in Afghanistan.

Same story in Nazi Germany.

Same story in Iraq - they were your best friends whenthe Iranians captured
the American embassy weren't they?

You should really have to face up to the facts - for the past 85 years the
USA has made a right mess of the world. My only regret about September 11th
2001 was that there wasn't another 279,997,000 Americans in the WTC.

Now, how about talking about homesteading?

-----------------

http://www.Lesguis.com

"Naturally, the common people don't want war; But, after all, it is the
leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple
matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist
dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship, But, voice or no
voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. All
you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the
pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works
the same way in any country."

-- Herman Goering