homestead - [Homestead] Compromise tools

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Compromise tools
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:26:23 -0700

I had to do some car work today and was jacking up the front. I have a small floor jack and every time I have to use it I wonder why I didn't pick up a real one when I had the chance. I can remember a couple at auctions and down at Harbor Freight they have one that (at the time) I could have afforded.
My trouble is I can always think of a tool I need more & a hundred dollars + is a bit to drop on a tool that I don't use often. But when I do use the compromise jack (& it does the job) I regret not getting the better one. When it's under the bench I don't think of it at all <g>.
It's not like that with all tools either, the used table saw I picked up always works great. As a plus I like seeing it against the wall!

All in all a "good" compromise tool is better than no tool at all <shrug>.

Rob

becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA