gwl-g - [gwl-g] writing about friends' gardens follow up

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: N Sterman <TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] writing about friends' gardens follow up
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:09:55 -0700

Two follow-up questions on writing about friends' gardens:

1) For those who suggested that writing about a friend's garden requires a disclosure, usually, disclosure is important when there is an element of risk or vulnerability.

Where or how would you see the risk or vulnerability in these cases?

2) I find that as a freelancers, I work in a very "small world" where success comes from connecting with people who share my interests and passions. Most story leads mostly come from those personal connections.

So where do you draw the line between colleague/friend or contact/ friend?

Nan

Nan Sterman Plant Soup, Inc. TM
TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com
PO Box 231034
Encinitas, CA 92023

Author of the all new California Gardener's Guide vol II published by Cool Springs Press. Availble at your local bookstore or from www.PlantSoup.Com

  • [gwl-g] writing about friends' gardens follow up, N Sterman, 09/23/2007