gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] [GWL] Best Books for Landscape Novice

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Sandie Parrott" <rsbirdy@comcast.net>
  • To: "Garden Writers -- GWL -- The Garden Writers Forum" <gardenwriters@lists.ibiblio.org>, "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] [GWL] Best Books for Landscape Novice
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:17:49 -0400

Doreen,

I love the book Easy Garden Design by Janet Macunovich, Storey Books. Janet lives, gardens and writes in SE Michigan.

The book provides a logical, step-by-step (there are twelve), easy to understand way to design a small to large colorful, practical garden space. It is perfect for beginners, but works for anyone. The focus of the book isn't individual plants, specific structures, focal points or a certain look or style, instead it describes the basics of creating a great garden with a "you can do it" attitude. It also includes common sense elements like appropriate size, style, location, color, soil, texture, intended use and level of maintenance desired. Drawings and down-to-earth (pun intended) writing make it a joy to read and follow to create a dream garden to fit the individual.

Sandie Parrott
Freelance Garden and Travel, Writer and Photographer
Contributor to...
Michigan Gardener Magazine
Natural Awakenings Magazine
FREE OC - The Ultimate Free Fun Guide to the California Riviera
The Flint Journal
The Oakland Press
Master Gardener Society of Oakland County Michigan - Trips and Tours
Advanced Master Gardener
Phone: 248-394-1532
Email:
RSBirdy@Comcast.net