gwl-g - [gwl-g] gardens in Europe

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Anna Ingre <ingreab@comcast.net>
  • To: <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] gardens in Europe
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 01:18:17 -0800

A friend and I are planning a trip to Great Britain and Europe in early May. Mostly for driving around, some walking, visiting gardens and doing photography. The plans at present are to travel to the north of Scotland, then drive south from Glasgow or Edinburgh, spend time in Wales, drive south to Cornwall, fly over to Trescot (I visited it a few years ago - it was wonderful), drive east to London, then if we have time, go to Amsterdam and perhaps Stockholm and Helsinki. I wondered if people have any suggestions about what are the must-see gardens.galleries, museums, music, landscape, etc. you would recommend. We will have two to three weeks to totally exhaust ourselves.
Thanks for any information you are willing to share.
I have sent this email to the medit garden list also, and for those of you who subscribe to both lists, I apologize for the duplication.
Anna