gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Thrips control methods

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Miranda Smith <miranda@tagoresmith.com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Thrips control methods
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:24:43 -0400

Dear Melanie,

I've used Neem successfully on thrips. In greenhouses, one has the luxury of importing predatory mites or lady beetles, which do a fantastic job, but outside, they don't seem to be worth the money. I guess you'd have to tent the areas where you introduced them with a floating insect barrier, but haven't tried it. Hence, the resort to Neem. And it was effective--I had to repeat sprays every few days for a couple of weeks and then repeat the procedure a month or so later, but that did the job.

Good luck,

Miranda Smith