grhits - Re: [grhits] seeking recommendations re Anti-Virus and EndPointProtection

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "Paul Blonsky" <blonskyp AT ipas.org>
  • To: "Global Reproductive Health IT Support list" <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [grhits] seeking recommendations re Anti-Virus and EndPointProtection
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:24:50 -0400

We have Trend Anti-Virus deployed globally and have had the same problem,
it's missed several viruses in recent months (all in Africa and all variants
of existing viruses). We've deployed Kaspersky and AVG(?!) selectively to
squash the outbreaks and Trend has been very responsive when we've submitted
samples, but the fact that we're having to submit samples is giving me pause.
We've not decided to move away just yet, but we're keeping an eye on our
solution. I don't think anything is bulletproof, but Kaspersky seems to be
working well and I've used NOD32 before with good results. I don't recommend
Trend at this point. I'd be interested to hear back on your results if you
switch.

Paul Blonsky
IT Manager
Ipas