grhits - [grhits] Site-To-Site VPN

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "MIERZWA, STANLEY" <smierzwa AT popcouncil.org>
  • To: <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [grhits] Site-To-Site VPN
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:19:26 -0400

Hello,

Good morning to everyone.  We are strongly considering creating a global network connecting our seventeen offices via a site-to-site VPN.  We have found that better Internet connections are becoming available in the areas of our field offices and many offices have already upgraded connections, having in most cases at least 256 K lines.  Inexpensive VPN appliances are also now much more available.

Has anyone set up a site-to-site VPN for your organization?  I understand this technology has been around for quite some time, but I'm wondering if others have adopted the use of it.

Thank you for any quick blurb you can provide.

Best regards,
Stan Mierzwa