grhits - Re: [grhits] CMS

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "William Lester" <wlester AT engenderhealth.org>
  • To: <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [grhits] CMS
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:36:33 -0500

Stan,

For our bilateral projects, we've been using an open source CMS called TYPO3. While it may not be the best CMS out there, it certainly has met our needs. Here's an example of a web site set using templates we designed with TYPO3:

Now, if I were to do this again today, I would strongly consider DRUPAL or PLONE A good friend of mine (who's tech recommendations I really respect) at ONE/Northwest has become a PLONE guru. He has nothing but good things to say about both products. I've attached a thread from the Riders-Tech listserv which discusses some of the products.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers,

Bill Lester

--------------------------

William A. Lester
CIO/Director of Technology
EngenderHealth
440 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10001
(Office) 212.561.8002
(e-Mail) walester AT engenderhealth.org
(URL) www.engenderhealth.org
"The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet."

>>> smierzwa AT popcouncil.org 1/20/2006 10:49:37 AM >>>
Hello.

Hope you are all are doing well.

We are beginning to evaluate content management systems for use on our web sites at the Population Council.  We are eager to move to a full DB driven model for managing our sites content, and I am querying this list to determine if any of you have already undertaken such a project.  If you have, would you please share what product and technology you selected to provide CMS?  Are you content with the selection?

Thank you and best regards,

Stan

Stanley J. Mierzwa
Director, Information Technology