gmark - [GMark] 13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: g-megillot-admin AT mcmaster.ca
  • Cc: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>, TC <textualcriticism AT yahoogroups.com>, biblical-studies <biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com>, C-P2 <Corpus-Paulinum-2 AT yahoogroups.com>, Aramaic <aramaic AT yahoogroups.com>, Crosstalk2 <crosstalk2 AT yahoogroups.com>, John-Lit <johannine_literature AT yahoogroups.com>, ANE-2 AT yahoogroups.com, NewSynoptic <Synoptic AT yahoogroups.com>, bibexegesis <bibexegesis AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [GMark] 13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:16:55 -0600

This is the second notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that will take place at SBL on  Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m.  the Eisenbrauns  Press booth  (# 704)  in the  the New Orleans Marriott Exhibit Hall.

As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

As I've done in the past 12 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend this year's SBL.

I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what SBL group or section and under what title).

So if you haven't done so already, please write to me OFF LIST at jgibson000 AT comcast.net and let me know the following:

(a) if you will be attending;

(b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL Section and Session #) you are presenting a paper,

(c) your paper title, AND

(d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

I'll  publish a list of E-Lister's attendees on Nov. 20th.

Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000 AT comcast.net) and please use a header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting".

May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper, that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL Program Book
Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose your information according to this formula:

Name and Institution
Section #
Title of Section
Date
Time
Room
Paper title

For example:

Stephen C. Carlson, Duke University
SBL 24-112
Function of Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal Writings in Early Judaism and Early Christianity Section
Tuesday,  11/24
11/24/2009
9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Room: Bayside A - SH
Origen's Use of the Gospel of Thomas

Looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans!

Yours,

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)