gmark - [GMark] 13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Crosstalk2 <crosstalk2 AT yahoogroups.com>, biblical-studies <biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com>, BibleTranslation <Bible-Translation AT lists.kastanet.org>
  • Cc: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ANE-2 AT yahoogroups.com, C-P2 <Corpus-Paulinum-2 AT yahoogroups.com>, Aramaic <aramaic AT yahoogroups.com>, John-Lit <johannine_literature AT yahoogroups.com>, TC <textualcriticism AT yahoogroups.com>, NewSynoptic <Synoptic AT yahoogroups.com>, bibexegesis <bibexegesis AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [GMark] 13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 14:14:19 -0600

With apologies for cross posting.

It's that time of year again when the Society of Biblical Literature's Annual Meeting is just around the corner (Nov. 21st - Nov. 24th in New Orleans) and I begin to arrange the now traditional (13th annual!) gathering of all those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum, John-Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to Boston for the SBL conference.

[For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
first to http://www.sbl-site.org/

and then to

http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx].

The informal E-Listers' meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m.  the Eisenbrauns
Press booth  (# 704)  in the  the New Orleans Marriott Exhibit Hall.

As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

As I've done in the past 12 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend this year's SBL.

I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what SBL group or section and under what title).

So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000 at comcast.net and let me know the following:

(a) if you will be attending;

(b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBLSection and Session #) you are presenting a paper,

(c) your paper title, AND

(d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000 AT comcast.net) and please use a header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting".

May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper, that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL/AAR Program Book
Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose your information according to this formula:

Name and Institution
Section #
Title of Section
Date
Time
Room
Paper title

For example:

Stephen C. Carlson, Duke University
SBL 24-112
Function of Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal Writings in Early Judaism and Early Christianity Section
Tuesday,  11/24
11/24/2009
9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Room: Bayside A - SH
Origen's Use of the Gospel of Thomas

Looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans!

Yours,

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)