gmark - Re: [GMark] Editing of Mark by Luke

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Emmanuel Fritsch <emmanuel.fritsch AT ensg.ign.fr>
  • To: jtedblakley AT gmail.com, Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [GMark] Editing of Mark by Luke
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:37:19 +0200

J. Ted Blakley a écrit:

Sorry about the previous truncated message. I accidentally sent it while I was composing. Here is the completed message.

Kenneth,
I am not familiar with this theory of the editing of Mark at the
hand of Luke, and I get the impression from your post that there are
probably a number of features of Mark, besides those you cite, that
are used in support of the theory. So my comments below would likely
not challenge the theory but only some of the evidence used in
support. [..]

According Boismard ("L'Evangile de Marc, sa préhistoire", Gabalda, 1994), there are many evidences of a Lukan editing of Mark.As I say just before, the use of EGENETO in Mark should be Lukan.

Other elements :
- sometime, Mark use KAI, and on other places, KAI and DE are mixed. This heterogeneity would be due to the edition.
- Gerasene Demoniac is seen as a composed story, based on a Markan Capernaum-like exorcism, (mainly v. 1-8) which has been completed in a lukan style.
- final Mark is full of Lukan style vocabulary.
- duality in Mark : in many places, duality is due to the addition of Lukan elements into a Mark and Mathew tradition. As an example : Mk 1:4-5, with "preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins" sounding particularly Lukan.

If you are interested, just ask.

a+
manu