gmark - Judas

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Steve Black <sblack AT axionet.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Judas
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:13:33 -0800

At 12:01 AM -0500 3/28/01, Kata Markon digest wrote:
As I indicated in my previous post, I hold
Judas to be a creation of Mark. I will give supportive arguments for that
shortly in a post in response to Steve Black's post (3/15) to me..

I have been enjoying (bit by bit - I may add) your lengthy response to Joe.
There is a lot to think about.
There is a poetic quality in the juxtaposition of II Sam and Gethsemane which I find appealing.

Regarding the historicity of Judas, I am very interested in what you might have to say, as that is still an open question for me.

However, in my post of 3/15, the point I was really trying to make was not historical. My point was not about whether Judas did or did not actually live (although, as I said, that is an interesting question). My point was that in my assessment Judas did not "represent" for Mark Judea, but that he "represented" the disciples.

I would also be interested in your input.
--
Peace

Steve Black
Diocese of New Westminster