gmark - Re: Walking on Water

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Libyad817 AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Walking on Water
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 12:04:03 EST

Yes, Philip B. Lewis has an interesting point, that the Walking on the Water
may be a Resurrection appearance, especially as it follows so closely upon
Herod's statement in 6:16 - ..."It is John, whom I beheaded; he is risen
from the dead." Jesus is missing completely from 6:12 until 6:30, when he
appears again suddenly after John is in his tomb. Then we immediately have
the 2 astonishing miracles of the Loaves and Walking on the Sea.

I tend to think there are no coincidences in Mark.

David al-Psylli
Assoc. Prof of Classics, Al-Fateh University
(in sabbatical in US
918 4th St.
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701)