gmark - Books

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Michael Spencer" <CampusMinister AT email.msn.com>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Books
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 00:27:39 -0400

First, just want to say what a pleasure it is to be able to participate on
the list. Mark's Gospel is a life's passion for me and this only adds to the
experience.

Books....Gundry's Commentary is certainly formidable and a surprisingly good
read for a scholarly work. I have greatly enjoyed the volume on Mark in
IVP's Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture as a digest of the Fathers.
Rhodes and Michie's Mark as Story is seminal to my own teaching Mark to High
School students. Lane is my constant companion. Nothing scholarly about it,
but Alex McCowan's performance of Mark in the KJV always does a lot for my
appreciation of the book.

Michael Spenser

  • Books, Michael Spencer, 09/13/1999