gmark - Re: Kata Markon

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Kata Markon
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:34:35 -0500

"Maurice A. O'Sullivan" wrote:

> At 15:02 12/09/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >On another note -- do you approve of the prefixing of the List's name to
> >incoming messages?
>
> I don't need it, because my EudoraPro allows filtering -- i.e I put any
> item from the header which is unique to each list in my filter list and the
> incoming messages go straight to the appropriate mail-box.

[snip]

Maurice's note was obviously a private one to me that go sent to the List as
well. This is because our software is set up in such a way that hitting the
reply button (even the reply to all button) ONLY sends a reply to the List and
not to the original sender.

The lesson here is that if one wants to reply to the sender alone, and not to
the List, you have to do a little cutting and pasting.

Yours,

Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • Re: Kata Markon, Maurice A. O'Sullivan, 09/12/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Kata Markon, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 09/12/1999