gmark - Re: Kata Markon

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Kata Markon
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:25:48 +0100

At 15:02 12/09/99 -0500, you wrote:
On another note -- do you approve of the prefixing of the List's name to
incoming messages?

I don't need it, because my EudoraPro allows filtering -- i.e I put any item from the header which is unique to each list in my filter list and the incoming messages go straight to the appropriate mail-box.

However, I know that this facility does not ( or at least _used not_ appear in the Lite version, and I think there may be many people out there with such freeware ( and institutional mailers with primitive sorting facilities ) so I shouldn't object.
But as it gets preference in the subject line, the subject _does_ tend to run off the right hand margin a bit.

Still, I can live with it.

BTW, one aspect of multiplying lists I encountered when c.c my posting about Markan articles on the Biblica web-site: because the Lyris server hosts both B-GREEK and GMark it refused to send the copy because it detected that the first line of both was exactly the same.

Good for preventing multiple-message spamming, but just something that has to be watched.

Regards,
Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros AT iol.ie

  • Re: Kata Markon, Maurice A. O'Sullivan, 09/12/1999