freetds - [freetds] Plans for PHP7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thomas, Christopher (LLU)" <cwthomas AT llu.edu>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Plans for PHP7
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 16:45:19 +0000

Hello,

My organization uses PHP extensively to develop applications. I like to say
we run a LAMP stack ... Linux Apache MSSQL and PHP :). Even though I can't
write any C code, I always try to keep tabs on the development of PHP,
FreeTDS and other technologies we need to do our jobs. Today I ran across the
initiative (http://gophp7.org/gophp7-ext/ ) . Their goal it to get the
extension writers to update their code for PHP7 before PHP7 ships. While
looking around, it seems to me that the mssql extension has not been updated
yet. It looks like it has been confirmed by
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/removal_of_dead_sapis_and_exts as it has been
removed from the PHP code repository (master branch, but the latest release
branch still has it so, mssql will not be in the next minor or major
release). Is there any way that one of the FreeTDS maintainers can look at
the MSSQL PHP extension and make sure it works with PHP7?

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any
review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify me immediately by replying to this message and destroy all
copies of this communication and any attachments. Thank you.