freetds - [freetds] Table-Valued Parameters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Matt Phipps <matt.the.mech AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Table-Valued Parameters
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:33:07 -0500

Hi FreeTDS,

Does FreeTDS support calling procs with table-valued parameters? With
either the ODBC driver or the DB-Library API? I think this is a SQL
Server-specific feature introduced in SQL Server 2008.

This page describes how to use table-valued parameters with ODBC:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522668(v=sql.100).aspx I didn't
find any reference to SQL_SS_TABLE or "table-valued parameter" in the
source for FreeTDS (or UnixODBC for that matter) so I assume that means
table-valued parameters aren't supported. I've never used ODBC directly
though so I might be missing something.

I'm using FreeTDS 0.91 and UnixODBC 2.2.14 (the one used in Ubuntu 12.04).

Thanks,
Matt