freetds - Re: [freetds] Plans for PHP7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Plans for PHP7
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 18:45:15 +0000

> Hello,
>
> My organization uses PHP extensively to develop applications. I like to say
> we run a LAMP stack ... Linux Apache MSSQL and PHP :). Even though I can't
> write any C code, I always try to keep tabs on the development of PHP,
> FreeTDS and other technologies we need to do our jobs. Today I ran across
> the initiative (http://gophp7.org/gophp7-ext/ ) . Their goal it to get the
> extension writers to update their code for PHP7 before PHP7 ships. While
> looking around, it seems to me that the mssql extension has not been
> updated yet. It looks like it has been confirmed by
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/removal_of_dead_sapis_and_exts as it has been
> removed from the PHP code repository (master branch, but the latest release
> branch still has it so, mssql will not be in the next minor or major
> release). Is there any way that one of the FreeTDS maintainers can look at
> the MSSQL PHP extension and make sure it works with PHP7?
>

> Chris

No, there is no plan to support external software. However there are
different extensions you can use that will be supported in PHP7 like
pdo_dblib or odbc. You should probably convert your software to use
these extensions or write some small wrapper in PHP7 to emulate old
mssql extensions using another extension.

Frediano

  • [freetds] Plans for PHP7, Thomas, Christopher (LLU), 03/03/2015
    • Re: [freetds] Plans for PHP7, Frediano Ziglio, 03/03/2015