freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS not giving any results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Abramowitz <marca AT surveymonkey.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS not giving any results
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:18:18 +0000

Hi James,

I've seen a similar behavior when using pymssql 1.0.2 with newer versions
of FreeTDS. No rows seem to come back. I didn't look in depth at
diagnosing and debugging it though, because 2 things seem to work around
the problem:

1. Use an older version of FreeTDS. E.g.: the one packaged with our Ubuntu
10 systems, which is 0.82-6build1. This is reasonable for production.
2. Use a newer version of pymssql -- e.g.: the pymssql 2.X versions
installed with pip or directly from the source -- I do this for
development because I happen to do a lot of maintenance work on pymssql.
Personally, I'd love to have more folks looking at pymssql 2.X, because
I've invested time in it, but that's my own bias. :-)

I am very curious about the incompatibility between newer FreeTDS and the
older pymssql, so I will be interested to see what you find out.

Marc