freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.9.1 problem build on Solaris 10x86

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.9.1 problem build on Solaris 10x86
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 23:57:43 -0400

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:09:51 -0400
Todd Szymanski <gator AT szymanski.net> wrote:

> However, I copied the /usr/ucb/install on Solaris over to
> /usr/bin/install and reran the configure, which then picked it up.
> After it decided to use the install binary I copied everything worked.
>
> So either the install-sh needs to get upgraded or the configure script
> shouldn't exclude /usr/ucb/install on Solaris.

Thank you for that feedback, Todd. That reinforces my belief that
install-sh shouldn't be in the distribution tarball.

Whether or not /usr/ucb/install is found and used is not something we
control. That's built-in behavior from autoconf. If you really,
really want this fixed, you want to tell them. They may surprised to
hear there are versions of Solaris for which /usr/ucb/install works
just fine. Eyeballing the configure script, it looks like they
assume /usr/ucb is poison.