freetds - [freetds] segmentation fault - FreeTDS 0.91RC2 + pymssql HG tip

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Burry <jburry AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] segmentation fault - FreeTDS 0.91RC2 + pymssql HG tip
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:10:27 -0300

Good day everyone. I am seeing the following segmentation fault with a
FreeTDS 0.91RC2 + pymssql HG tip setup. I originally started trying
these newer versions to try to get around a similar segfault with
FreeTDS 0.82 + pymssql 1.02. The database is mssql 2005. I see this
segfault about every 3 days or so.

Start.py[24106]: segfault at 0 ip b718f6b6 sp bfaf8670 error 6 in
_mssql.so[b7189000+2c000]
python[12549]: segfault at 0 ip b70df6c8 sp bfcf5ad0 error 6 in
_mssql.so[b70d9000+2c000]

If anyone has some input on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I
would be happy to try any particular log settings to capture
additional information.

Some settings from freetds.conf :

<<

[global]
# TDS protocol version
; tds version = 7.2
tds version = 8.0
port=1433

# Whether to write a TDSDUMP file for diagnostic purposes
# (setting this to /tmp is insecure on a multi-user system)
; dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
; see http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm for flags
; debug flags = 0x0006

# Command and connection timeouts
; timeout = 10
; connect timeout = 10

# If you get out-of-memory errors, it may mean that your client
# is trying to allocate a huge buffer for a TEXT field.
# Try setting 'text size' to a more reasonable limit
text size = 64512

James