freetds - Re: [freetds] Paging support using MS SQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Paging support using MS SQL
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:00:23 -0400

This is technically a question for another list since FreeTDS is just a means
of connecting, not what you do with that connection. That said, Wikipedia
might be a good place for you to start before Googling onward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_(SQL)#Limiting_result_rows

I use the TOP and ROW_NUMBER for limit/offset support in the SQL Server
Adapter for ActiveRecord.
https://github.com/rails-sqlserver/activerecord-sqlserver-adapter

- Ken