freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql dumping core on exit

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vanderveen, Jim" <jim.vanderveen AT owp.csus.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql dumping core on exit
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:10:01 -0700

Hey James,

Sorry if my reply seemed to be ragging on you or the freetds team. That was
not my intent.

I followed up on my problem with the freetds port maintainer for FreeBSD. For
the benefit of other freebsd/freetds users, in December 2008 the freetds port
was upgraded to v0.82.1. However, during the nightly "build all ports" tests
it was discovered that the updated version of freetds broke some PHP4 ports.
I guess there are still enough PHP4 users out in the world that it was deemed
more important than updating freetds. :( The freetds port was reverted back
to v0.64, and a new port, freetds-devel, was created for v0.82.1.

I installed the freetds-devel port yesterday. Lo and behold, no more core
dumps!

Thanks for your help James and other responders. I have learned a lot over
the last week. Too bad it was from the School of Hard Knocks!

-- Jim