freetds - [freetds] Integrated Windows Authentication

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Korosi, Nick" <nkorosi AT indians.com>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Integrated Windows Authentication
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:12:34 +0000

I was wondering if it's possible pass the current users credentials to
Microsoft SQL Server using integrated authentication so that the user doesn't
have to type in their password in clear text. I have Samba/Winbind installed
and the Linux server is a member of the domain. The user is logging into the
shell with their domain username and password as well. This may be a
function of unixODBC, but I was hoping that somebody may be able to point me
in the right direction, if it's even possible.

Nick