freetds - Re: [freetds] [Bug Report] Missing Winsock initialization in v0.82

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [Bug Report] Missing Winsock initialization in v0.82
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:16:33 -0700

Frediano:

Agreed that the Windows distribution is sorely in need of an overhaul.
How about if we just ease to this at first?

Can we just put together, say, a VC10 solution together that build the dlls?
Something like getting dblib.lib, libTDS.lib, FreeTDS.lib and FreeTDS.dll ?

As Damien noticed, the static libs are gigantic, because everything is being
sucked in & statically linked,
I too prefer the DLLs.

Would it be reasonable to take the old msvc6 project and upgrade it to msvc10?
If you like, I could work on this.

Paul