freetds - Re: [freetds] [Bug Report] Missing Winsock initialization in v0.82

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [Bug Report] Missing Winsock initialization in v0.82
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 04:11:44 -0700

Frediano:

I don't think it's important to worry about other Windows IDEs besides Visual
Studio.

There are two reasons for my thinking on this:

1. Visual Studio is the standard IDE for Windows Development

2. Alternative IDEs (Borland, MingW, etc) usually contain utility tools
to port from a VS project.

Maintaining project files for the two most recent versions of Visual Studio
seems like more than enough support.
This should allow folks to easily customize the 'standard' FreeTDS
configuration to one of their own liking.

Let's ask Damien for his opinion on this one.

Best,

Paul