freetds - Re: [freetds] connection to SQL server 2008 express

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mahendra T <mahendra.t AT tcs.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] connection to SQL server 2008 express
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:54:54 +0530

Hi,
I am able to connect to the database by mentioning the port number in the
query,
like TDSPORT=1433 TDSDUMP=/home/user/freetds.log tsql -S IP_Address -U
user_name
but if it is trying to connect at port 4000 if I don't mention the
TDSPORT, though the port is set to 1433 in freetds.conf file.
Also I am not able to connect to SQL server from perl, it may be trying to
connect at port 4000.

Any ideas pls?

Mahendra