freetds - [freetds] prepared statements in db-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew H. Wakefield" <a_wake AT earthlink.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] prepared statements in db-lib
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:27:26 -0500

I have been playing with db-lib, and find it to be a very nice
interface. But there is one thing that I seem to be missing, and can't
figure out -- does it not have any way to do a "prepared statement" --
IOW, a statement with parameters that are filled in before execution --
other than as an actual stored procedure?

Here's what I want to be able to do, in a mixture of sql and
pseudo-code:

sql_statement: INSERT INTO test_tbl VALUES ( ?, ?, ? );
set_param(1, 52)
set_param(2, 'Testing')
set_param(3, 123.456)
execute prepared statement

If db-lib cannot do this, can ct-lib? Or do I have to go down to the
libtds layer?

Many thanks ...

Andy Wakefield
a_wake AT earthlink.net