freetds - Re: [freetds] prepared statements in db-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew H. Wakefield" <a_wake AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
  • Cc: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] prepared statements in db-lib
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:02:24 -0500

Paul,

I had considered this option ... but wasn't quite sure of the execution,
other than going into the libtds layer. Is that what you mean, or did
you mean that I could assemble the statement from the parameters and
then feed it to db-lib as a regular sql statement? My concern with the
latter is that, when I have used prepared statements on other platforms,
one reason has been the ability to feed an entire TEXT field into a
parameter and not have to worry about escaping any quote marks inside
the string.

Andy Wakefield
a_wake AT earthlink.net