freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql msg error 20009

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tareq <tarek.atallah AT tahadi.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql msg error 20009
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:57:57 +0200

Hi very one,

I have installed tds , now I want to check the connection with sql
I tried tsql -S 'myip' -p 'myport' -U 'myuser' -P 'mypassword'

I keep getting this error

Msg 20009, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist
There was a problem connecting to the server

Any help?

Tarek Atallah
Senior Database Administrator
Tahadi Games - www.tahadi.com