freetds - Re: [freetds] unable to connect to an instance of SQL server 2005

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Konrad J Hambrick <konrad AT payplus.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unable to connect to an instance of SQL server 2005
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:03:49 -0500

Tim Uckun wrote:
Something I remembered after sending my earlier reply was to
make sure 'Allow Remote Connections to this Server' is checked
in SQL Server Man Stud => Server Properties => Connections ...

It's set properly.

This is maddening. The GUI clearly says it's supposed to be listening
on 1433 but it's not.

I just did a fresh install of SQL server on my virtual machine and it
behaves the same. I can't telnet to 1433 even though TCP is enabled
and set at 1433.

Tim --

Dang ... Do you have at least two interfaces in Connection Manager =>
Protocols => IP Addresses ? (one for the Host Adapter and one for Localhost)

Are TCP/IP Dynamic Ports turned off ?

Is Port 1433 being allowed by Windows Firewall ?

That's the end of my ideas ... :(

-- kjh