freetds - Re: [freetds] Building Sybperl against FreeTDS on Fedora

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ed Avis <eda AT waniasset.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Building Sybperl against FreeTDS on Fedora
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:12:04 +0000 (UTC)

James K. Lowden <jklowden <at> freetds.org> writes:

>>DBlib.xs:6068: error: âDBDATERECâ has no member named 'dateyear'

>>So I suppose that MSDBLIB is defined?

>That option is true when you configure --enable-msdblib.

Ah I see that Fedora builds FreeTDS with that:

%configure \
--disable-dependency-tracking \
--disable-rpath \
%{!?_with_static: --disable-static} \
--with-tdsver="4.2" \
--with-unixodbc="%{_prefix}" \
--enable-msdblib \
--enable-sybase-compat \
--with-gnutls

Now, I do want to use FreeTDS to connect to an MSSQL server, so do I need to
keep that flag in there?

If so, I guess Sybperl needs patching to build against a FreeTDS configured
this
way. I might go through the Sybperl source and add various #ifdef MSDBLIB
sections. Does that sound a reasonable way to proceed?

--
Ed Avis <eda AT waniasset.com>