freetds - Re: [freetds] problem with ntext on sql server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] problem with ntext on sql server
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 23:32:08 -0400

Andrew Magee wrote:

> > Is this the correct way to specify the version? Is it being
> > overridden somewhere?
> > How can I make sure that I connect with version 8.0?
> >

> I just figured out I can set the environment variable TDSVER=8.0 and
> the problem is now gone. I'm still unclear on how it was getting
> set to 4.2 though

You're using the ODBC driver. To get TDS version 8.0, you should set
TDS_Version (per the UG) in the appropriate section of odbc.ini.

If you're using the ODBC-combinined setup, use Servername (not Server) in
odbc.ini and "TDS version" in freetds.conf.

I don't know offhand whether a Global setting in freetds.conf gets used in
an ODBC configuration. I would expect it does. If, given the above, you
expect freetds.conf to be used but see the global setting isn't "taking",
TDSDUMPCONFIG will show you the files accessed and what is used.

HTH.