freetds - Re: [freetds] problem with ntext on sql server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Magee <amagee AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] problem with ntext on sql server
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:31:24 +1000

> Hi, thanks for the response. I set TDSDUMP and made a connection to
> the same database using isql, and it reported that version 4.2 is
> actually being used, despite the fact that I have included:
>
> [global]
> tds version = 8.0
>
> in /etc/freetds/freetds.conf, /usr/share/freetds/freetds.conf, and
> ~/.freetds.conf.
> These are all the files returned by 'locate freetds.conf' on my
> machine (except in the source
> and examples folders).
>
> Is this the correct way to specify the version? Is it being
> overridden somewhere?
> How can I make sure that I connect with version 8.0?

I just figured out I can set the environment variable TDSVER=8.0 and
the problem is now gone. I'm still unclear on how it was getting
set to 4.2 though; the TDSVER environment variable didn't exist before
I set it to 8.0, so it wouldn't have been that variable that was
overriding my conf file settings..