freetds - Re: [freetds] Problems Connecting Debian --> MSSQL through odbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jaap van Arragon <j.vanarragon AT lukkien.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problems Connecting Debian --> MSSQL through odbc
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:50:48 +0200

I've runned the script and here is the output:

SERVER:~# ./osqlscript.sh -S TEST -U admin -P pass
checking shared odbc libraries linked to isql for default directories...
strings: '': No such file
osqlscript.sh: problem: no potential directory strings in "/usr/bin/isql"
osqlscript.sh: advice: use "osql -I DIR" where DIR unixODBC\'s install
prefix e.g. /usr/local
isql strings are:
+ /lib/ld-linux.so.2
checking odbc.ini files
reading "/root/.odbc.ini"
[TEST] found in "/root/.odbc.ini"
found this section:
[TEST]
Driver = FreeTDS
Description = A good description of your DB
Trace = Yes
Server = [10.10.10.51]
Port = 1433
TDS_Version = 7.0

looking for driver for DSN [TEST]
driver line incomplete for [TEST] in .odbc.ini
looking for driver for DSN [default]
osqlscript.sh: error: no driver found for [TEST] in .odbc.ini

It looks like it check /root/.odbc.ini and I thought is was checking
/etc/odbc.ini

What can you read from above output?