freetds - Re: [freetds] Problems Connecting Debian --> MSSQL through odbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problems Connecting Debian --> MSSQL through odbc
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:26:42 -0400

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 06:09:34PM +0200, Jaap van Arragon wrote:
> Osql reports:
>
> SERVER:# osql -S TEST -U admin -P pass
> osql: error: no potential directory strings in "/usr/bin/isql"
> isql strings are:
> + /lib/ld-linux.so.2

Download the latest version from

http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/freetds/freetds/src/apps/osql?revision=1.8

It's just a shell script. Put it wherever you want. It won't interfere with
the rest of you installation. (See also the comment on line 49 if you're
curious.)

I wrote osql to help people diagnose local setup errors. If it doesn't work
for you, let's change it so that it does.

> TDSDUMP: nothing but succesfull results when I connect through isql nothing
> is being written in the log file.

When you have no output from TDSDUMP, that means no connection was attempted.
The driver was not asked to make a connection. Usually that's because of a
local setup mistake.

> Odbc.ini:
>
> [TEST]
> Driver = FreeTDS
> Description = A good description of your DB
> Trace = Yes
> Server = [IP ADDRESS]
> Port = 1433
> TDS_Version=7.0
> 4. how can I check this point? Driver = FreeTDS

In (I think) /etc/odbcinst.ini there should be a FreeTDS section referencing
the libtdsodbc.so driver. osql checks for this.

I assume the above refers to /etc/odbc.ini? I'm guessing that's the right
directory based on what you show. (osql checks that, too!) ;-)

HTH.