freetds - Re: [freetds] make check on solaris failed to compile, had to edit a Makefile

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Boehne <robertb AT trdlnk.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] make check on solaris failed to compile, had to edit a Makefile
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:28:23 -0600

When "make check" is executed, Libtool needs to run the uninstalled libraries,
which is why there is some relative-rpath magic. If you're thinking that libtool
is the culprit, the first thing to do is to upgrade the version of libtool you're
using when you generate 'configure' - 1.5.26 is nearly a year old, and freetds
should be using that or something in the 2.x series.

Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:47pm, knb AT gfz-potsdam.de (Knut Behrends) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: [freetds] make check on solaris failed to compile, had to edi

| Exactly, this is what I realized by experimenting with editing the
| Makefiles.
| | Actually it's
| - -Wl,--rpath,../.libs-Wl
| | notice the comma after --rpath.
| | I wonder why the --rpath,-Wl string was inserted in the first place
| (into the makefiles sitting in the unittests subdirs.)
| I just want to try to compile and run it, I don't really care what all
| these flags mean and do.

Run paths should not be relative...

christos