freetds - Re: [freetds] emerge unixODBC freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: rasiel payumo <leonhart_ras AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] emerge unixODBC freetds
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:46:05 +0800 (SGT)

>That indicates your odbc.ini is not correct, or in the wrong place, or
>something on that order. That's what osql is designed to check and
>report on.

my odbc.ini is at /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini
i had a feeling that my odbc.ini is not correct also here's what i've wrote:

[alpha]
Driver = TDS
Description = puls3 mssql server
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/unixodbc.trace
Servername = elk
Server = 172.30.79.40
Port = 1433
Database = myTestDB
UID = sa
Language = us_english

i don't have osql or "bad command" as the linux said or "no manual entry for
osql"
where can i find osql setup so that i can install it on linux server and can
you give me a tutorial how to install an osql
for "Linux 2.6.25-gentoo-r8 #4 SMP i686 Pentium II (Deschutes) GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux"

>And don't worry! You'll get it eventually. No one gets it the first
>time, and it's a rough place for a rookie to start. It's a bit
>convoluted, but it does work.

Thank you so much for the advice! I really do hope that I can do this job...

--newKiD