freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Anywhere 11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Anywhere 11
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:21:52 +0100

On Nov 26, 2008, at 10:13, Brian Johnson wrote:

two that upgraded to Sybase SQL Anywhere 11. That being said, the two sites that upgraded are both having the same issue. When we try to connect, we are getting a "Login Incorrect".

There's one well-known gotcha when it comes to SQL Anywhere:
"In general, the dataserver name is arbitrary and local; it's used only by your client programs to tell FreeTDS which server to connect to. You can choose any name you like.

Sybase SQL Anywhere (a/k/a Sybase ASA), however, is fussy. You must use the database's name as your dataserver name. Otherwise, the server will refuse your connection."

Quoted from the bottom of this page:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm

If that doesn't solve it, you'll have to enable logging:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/logging.htm

I've tried every TDS_Version setting,

Don't try anything but 5.0 for Sybase.