freetds - [freetds] SQL Anywhere 11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <serversage AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL Anywhere 11
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 01:13:07 -0800

We connect to many databases using FreeTDS, all of the databases out of our
control. We a get a read only user/pass, an IP, a database name, and that
is IT. Some of them run Sybase Adaptive Server, some run MSSQL, and now we
have two that upgraded to Sybase SQL Anywhere 11.

That being said, the two sites that upgraded are both having the same
issue. When we try to connect, we are getting a "Login Incorrect". We have
contact the clients, as well as the developers of the software. Everybody
claims that we have the correct information, and that it works from remote
systems for them running the Sybase Interactive SQL client. We have been
working on this for several days and one of us has begun banging his head
against the desk.

Before he knocks himself out, does anybody out there have any ideas? I've
tried every TDS_Version setting, and have tried FreeTDS .63 that is in the
Debian repo, and .82 compiled from source. Other than that, I'm not sure
what to try next.

-Brian