freetds - [freetds] NTLMv2 support for domain logins using freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alek Fehretdinov" <alek.fehretdinov AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] NTLMv2 support for domain logins using freetds
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:05:01 -0400

Dear freetds,

My question is if NTLMv2 support is planned to be implemented any time soon
in the next releases of FreeTDS. I think this is probably the one most
important feature that needs to be moved up in your priority to-do list. I
was excited to see the working connections to MSSQL servers from my test
Unix client scripts but in big firms (I work at one of them) the security
standards will not allow to use FreeTDS facility unless it supports NTLMv2
which is a standard security setup on most of the NT boxes in such firms.

I tried to google this but the results are somewhat mixed: it looks like
this is something that is under the consideration but it's still not clear
if I can hope to see this implemented any time soon.

Will really appreciate any info on this.

Regards,
Alek Fehretdinov
Deutsche Bank, New York