freetds - Re: [freetds] Using PHP mssql_init/bind for sending Unicode to StoredProcedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thomas, Christopher (LLU)" <cwthomas AT llu.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Using PHP mssql_init/bind for sending Unicode to StoredProcedures
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:28:17 -0700

You are probably correct in that there is no Unicode support in the
php-mssql library. One of the goals of PHP 6 is to have full Unicode
support. There is a Google SOC person helping to complete this project:
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/php/appinfo.html?csaid=AD4803BA9A70BCB3
. If you can, I would download a PHP 6 snapshot and install it on a test
box and see what the mssql library looks like. By looking at the logs in
the source tree, I doubt they have got around to it yet. If this is so,
you might consider submitting a ticket to PHP so they know about it.

Chris