freetds - [freetds] Using PHP mssql_init/bind for sending Unicode to Stored Procedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jason Young (Morgon)" <morgon AT mygamercard.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Using PHP mssql_init/bind for sending Unicode to Stored Procedures
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 01:54:35 -0400

I know this isn't totally FreeTDS' issue, but I was curious if anyone else has had experience/success with using PHP's "stored procedure" support for MSSQL, as it seems like it'd be a cleaner/safer way than a straight EXEC call...

In any event, perhaps it's simply a lack of NVARCHAR in the php_mssql library, but I cannot send UTF8 data to SQL Server using mssql_init/bind/execute - yet it's not a general fault in my setup, as I can "EXEC blah N'<UTF Text>'" just fine.

Just not supported (yet), or am I missing something?

Thank you!
-Jason Young