freetds - Re: [freetds] db-lib: msgno 20002

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin Voell <kevin.voell AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] db-lib: msgno 20002
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:54:14 -0600

D'oh I forgot to include the error and message handler functions.

So I got past that error now I'm getting:
SQLTester: Msg 20017, Level 9
Unexpected EOF from the server

SQLTester: Msg 20002, Level 9
Adaptive Server connection failed

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks

On May 24, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Kevin Voell wrote:

Trying to get freetds working under xcode and am not having any luck.

I'm currently getting this error when calling dbopen();
FreeTDS: db-lib: exiting because client error handler returned 0 for
msgno 20002

Here the code I currently have:
#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>
#import "sybdb.h"
#import <string.h>

char SERVER[512];

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
LOGINREC *login;
DBPROCESS *proc;

// attempt to initialize the db-lib engine
if (dbinit() != YES)
NSLog(@"Could not initialize the db-lib");

// allocate a LOGINREC structure
login = dblogin();

// set the login information
DBSETLPWD(login, "Test");
DBSETLUSER(login, "Test");

strcpy(SERVER, "10.0.1.8:1433");

// attempt to login
proc = dbopen(login, SERVER);

// free the LOGINREC structure
dbloginfree(login);
}

Here the code I currently have:
I've checked and dbinit is returning ok and dblogin returns a valid
pointer.
I'm trying to connect to a MS SQL server 2008.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin