freetds - Re: [freetds] Apple xcode or objective-c example

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin Voell <kevin.voell AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Apple xcode or objective-c example
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:39:54 -0600

I'm making some progress on a getting freetds example working with an xcode application.

I have gotten apps/bsqldb.c to compile successfully with xcode, but I get the following error when I run it:

Current language: auto; currently objective-c
(null): Msg 20009, Level 9
Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist

Assertion failed: (dbproc != NULL), function main, file /Users/Kevin/ Documents/Source/Code/cocoaSQL/main.m, line 182.

Line 182 is:
dbproc = dbopen(login, options.servername);

The SQL server I'm trying to connect to is a mySQL 5.0 server running on another one of my OS X boxes. I am able to connect to the server using CocoaMySql (an OS X admin tool) so I know the server is running and is accessible.

Guess my question is what is an adaptive server?

Thanks for any help :)

Kevin